Questions I Am Asked At Every Gig…With My Replies
- Can you make my wife disappear?
Somebody asks me this at just about every event I do. If the wife is not present, I usually reply, “Well, I would like to help but she has already paid me to make you disappear.” If his wife is there I say, “I’m not sure. Let me try first on your daughter here.”
- Can you predict the winning lottery numbers?
I rapidly reel off a series of numbers (far too quick for anyone to remember) and add, “I don’t know which lottery they will be in but I am certain that sooner or later they will come up.”
- How long have you been a magician?
“I only started last Wednesday”. I then give them a serious answer to the question.
- Are you a member of The Magic Circle?
I explain I am and ask if they would like to see the trick I performed for the membership committee.
- Can you turn this (displaying a £5 note or a party invitation etc.) into a £20?
“If I could, would I be here on a Saturday night doing card tricks?!”
- How did you do that?
“Very well, since you’re asking.” I then thank them for the compliment.
- Why aren’t you on the telly?
“I have been, actually. Do you follow Crimewatch UK?”
- Can you tell me how you did that?
“Sorry, I’d be thrown out of the Magic Circle. By the way, would you like to see the trick I performed for the audition committee?
- Can you do stuff like Derren Brown?
Yes, whenever I am on TV.
- I’ve seen you perform before.
“Oh dear! I hope you don’t want your money back.”
Actually, although I offer a money back guarnatee, nobody has ever demanded it. In fact, they are more than happy to provide video recommendations like these.